Saturday, March 19, 2011

While I was away...

I know it has been a long time since my last post, but between midterms two weeks ago and spring break this week I really haven't had the chance. This week I spent some time skiing at Monarch, Colorado and enjoyed some of the most amazing views that I have ever seen.

The Collegiate Peaks.

While I was away, some interesting things have been going on in the tech world. The WiFi only Xoom is officially available for pre-order (available March 27) for $600, the same price that the similar, 32 GB iPad 2 goes for. While still on the tablet topic, I recently got a chance to play around with an Archos 70 running Android 2.2. It was very lightweight and would be a great alternative to one of the bigger tablets such as the the Xoom or iPad. At under $300 its a pretty good deal too.

Can you tell I like tablets?

Also, the Amazon Android app store is on its way with new and discounted apps on the way. What caught my eye was the new Angry Birds Rio game that is apparently only going to be available through the Amazon Android app store. It will be interesting to see how the Amazon app store will compare with the iTunes app store.

Angry Birds Rio for Android coming soon only on Amazon Appstore
South America? Where Next!?


My NCAA Tournament bracket is all kinds of busted but I don't mind because of a cool new app I found. Watch the tournament live, for free, on your iPhone or iPad anywhere with the NCAA March Madness On Demand app. It even works using 3G, provided that the signal strength is good enough.

My poor bracket.

Lastly, the disaster in Japan caused by last Friday's earthquake and tsunami has devastated many people. The American Red Cross is a great place to donate to the disaster relief effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment